Designed as a hybrid program that provides TRANSFORMATIONAL & INTER-DISCIPLINARY Program. Focuses on the quality and practical skills in both entrepreneurship and ICT technical areas mainly tailored to those with the passion to be technopreneurs and adopt global technologies. A blend of both Business Management and Information Systems.
JPT/BPP (R/482/6/0108) 11/21, MQA A7387
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
- Business Analyst
- System Analyst
- Project Manager
- Technology Entrepreneur
- Technology Management Manager
- Quality Analyst
This programme is designed to produce:
- Students with entrepreneurial management knowledge, competent and innovative in applying ICT principles and practices;
- Students with effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in entrepreneurial management practices;
- Students who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in IT industry;
- Students who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility; and
- Students who are capable of embarking on management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- Pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent;
- Pass in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any two (2) subjects and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent;
- Diploma in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Information Technology or Information Systems or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent;
- Any other Diploma in Science and Technology or Business Studies with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 may be admitted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment process and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- Candidates with CGPA below 2.5 but above 2.0 with a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
Note : The Mathematics grade requirement for each SPM candidate of (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) can be exempted if the said qualification includes Mathematics and the candidate has achieved a grade equivalent or more than the required credit in SPM.
Candidate with a credit in computing related subject at SPM or STPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.
|NO||Programme Educational Outcomes (PEO)|
|PEO1||UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative towards the requirement of the human capital in related industry|
|PEO2||UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal skills|
|PEO3||UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement|
|PEO4||UniKL Graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible|
|PEO5||UniKL Graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.|
|NO||Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)|
|PLO1||Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development.|
|PLO2||Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors and society at large.|
|PLO3||Demonstrate teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and social skills.|
|PLO4||Utilize relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in problem-solving.|
|PLO5||Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical consideration in accordance with ethical and legal principles.|
|PLO6||Demonstrate knowledge of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to Information Systems.|
|PLO7||Demonstrate understanding of the business requirements.|
|PLO8||Demonstrate understanding of the business requirements.|
|PLO9||Apply theoretical principles of Information Systems in relevant areas.|
|PL10||Be able to plan, design and manage business Information Systems, with the relevant technology and knowledge to enhance organizational performance.|
In this semester, students will be introduced to the importance of communication and language. They will also be exposed to the fundamental of Information Technology and basic introduction on entrepreneurship and its ICT application.
In ensuring strong understanding of Business Management, students will discover the key aspects of business such as economy, marketing and analytical skills which will be enhanced through mathematical aspects of business. Students will start to discover more of IT through computer programming.
This semester moves students to a deeper grasp of business and its practices as well as the knowledge of web application and design. Students will also explore the network part of ICT which highlights IT as business enabler.
Advanced understanding of information technology is further presented to students in this semester. IT Skills are embedded through web programming and database management. At the same time business aspect of finance and the importance of creativity and innovation skill is also delivered.
In this semester, students are now ready to further relate IT and Business aspects. This semester will also help the student to develop their research skill through Research Methodology module
In this semester students are exposed to the skills important to management such as coordinating and integrating flows within and among companies. They will also be exposed to the skills needed in managing a project and prepare them to identify their own project. Students are allowed to choose electives that are more to their interest such as operational management, human resource management and many more.
This final semester, the students will identify the needs to understand customers and the importance of monitored relationship with them. Other electives of interest may also be pursued through courses such as enabling technologies or problem solving creativity. Students will have to conclude their project through Final Year Project 2.
This semester is an industrial exposure through the Industrial Training / Internship program as part of the curriculum to increase employability amongst BCEM students. The industrial training will provide them with invaluable insights of Business and IT industry. In many occasions, the placements will offer opportunities for employment.
|· Industrial Training|
TOTAL CREDIT TO GRADUATE: 120
Collaboration with well known certification body and industries such CompTIA, and Microsoft.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Malaysian Institute of Information Technology
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-2175 4000 ext: 4146, 5407
Fax : +603-2175 4441
Website : www.miit.unikl.edu.my
Email : email@example.com
NOTE: Programme contents are subject to change. All information is correct at the time of publishing, the university reserves the right to change any information without prior notice and for more information please contact us.