This programme offers the students an introduction to the world of animation, focusing on the development of both technical and management skills, while enhancing the students’ innovation and creativity at the same time. Throughout the programme, students will learn and understand the artistic values and skills required to succeed in the animation field as well as become successful entrepreneurs.
This programme is designed to produce:
- Graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative who will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in creative industries.
- Graduates who possess excellent leadership skills, as well as outstanding verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal skills, in order to function effectively in the multimedia industries.
- Graduates who are committed in striving for continuous improvement in a lifelong learning.
- Graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- Graduates who are able to participate in business and technopreneurial activities.
JPT/BPP (R3/213/6/0049) 11/28, MQA A7386
- Recognised Matriculation or Foundation with CGPA 2.0;
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with two (2) full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0;
- Recognised Creative Multimedia Diploma or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5. (Candidates with CGPA between 2.00 and 2.50 may be admitted, subject to an internal assessment process);
- In addition to the requirements stated above for the Diploma and Bachelors levels, it would be beneficial for students to have a pass in Mathematics at SPM or equivalent for programmes in Animation And Visual Effects, Games Development, Media Innovation, Sound Design, Video and Film and Virtual Reality.
||Programme Educational Outcomes (PEO)
||UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in creative industries.
||UniKL graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in creative industries.
||UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
||UniKL graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
||UniKL graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.
||Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
||Apply in-depth knowledge and understanding of animation procedures, processes, systems and methodologies, both innovatively and effectively, in the creative industries;
||Combine technical skills with creativity and research to produce an innovative portfolio of relevant and contemporary work;
||Practice social, cultural, global and ethical responsibility in creative content design;
|| Integrate professionalism, commitment and a positive attitude while working collaboratively;
||Possess a positive leadership attitude and be able to communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors and society at large, utilizing the suitable industry-specific terminologies;
||Employ analytical and critical thinking skills in problem-solving by using appropriate tools, skills and techniques.
||Use lifelong learning principles and skills to effectively respond and adapt to industry needs and emerging trends;
||Display awareness and understanding of management, business practices and entrepreneurship;
||Fulfill supervised research in the related field by seeking and applying knowledge and information analytically
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Animation Theory and History
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (Local)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International)
- Hubungan Etnik (Local)
- Pengajian Malaysia 3 (International)
- Introduction to Drawing
- Principles of 2D Animation
- Introduction to Design Layout and Basic Perspective
- Digital Photography
- Foreign Language 1
- Professional English 2
- Figure Design
- 2D Animation Design
- 3D Modelling
- Storyboard Design
- Digital Audio and Video Production
- Foreign Language 2
- Innovation Management
- Research Methodology
- 3D Animation
- Film Principle and Communications
- Stop Motion Studies
- Props and Model Making
- Character Development and Design
- Digital Visual Effects
- Final Year Project 1
- Elective I
- Final Year Project 2
- Portfolio Design and Management
- Isu - is kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia
- Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia 2
- Elective II**
- Elective III***
- Comic Studies
- 3D Particle and Dynamics
- Digital Image Editing
- Digital Post Production
- Acting for Animation
- Creative Advertising
- Typography Design
- New Media
- Web Based Authoring
- Visual Communication
TOTAL CREDIT TO GRADUATE (TCG) : 120
- Storyboard Designer
- 2D & 3D Animator
- Layout Artist
- Visual Effects Artist
- Junior Managerial Position
- Video and Audio Editor
- Character Designer
We provide opportunities for the students to take up Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications, an industry recognized credential that can be used to effectively validate one’s skills in Adobe digital media software.
The ACA certifications are made available in the following softwares:
- Adobe Photoshop CC or later
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC or later
- Adobe Flash CC or later
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC or later
- Adobe Illustrator CC or later