This program incorporates studies in creative multimedia including visual effects, sound and video production, 2D and 3D animation, web development, game design and interactive media design. Students develop design and multimedia skills through a combination of individual and practical group project work and lecture materials. This program has a strong practical emphasis and exposure to industry based projects. This offers students valuable hands-on experience. Graduates may opt to work in variety of fields associated with design, media, the creative arts and information and communication technologies.
JPT/BPP (R3/213/6/0238) 10/26, MQA A6069
- Recognised Matriculation or Foundation with CGPA 2.0;
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with two (2) full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0;
- Recognised Creative Multimedia Diploma or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5. (Candidates with CGPA between 2.00 and 2.50 may be admitted, subject to an internal assessment process);
- In addition to the requirements stated above for the Diploma and Bachelors levels, it would be beneficial for students to have a pass in Mathematics at SPM or equivalent for programmes in Animation And Visual Effects, Games Development, Media Innovation, Sound Design, Video and Film and Virtual Reality.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
Employment options in the area of creative multimedia includes:-
- Instructional Designer,
- Interactive Multimedia Designer
- Graphic Designer
- DTP Artist
- Art Director
- Visual Director
- Creative Designer Illustrator
- Fine Art Artist
- AV Editor/Director
- 2D/3D Designer/ Animator
- Web Designer/ Developer
- Photo Editor
- Game Designer/ Developer and Storyboard Artist/Designer
This programme is designed to produce:
- Graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in creative industries.
- Graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in multimedia industries.
- Graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- Graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.
|NO||Programme Educational Outcomes (PEO)|
|PEO1||UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in creative industries.|
|PEO2||UniKL graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in multimedia industries.|
|PEO3||UniKL graduates who are commited to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.|
|PEO4||UniKL graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.|
|PEO5||UniKL graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.|
|NO||Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)|
|PLO1||Apply knowledge of multimedia by using multimedia procedures, processes, systems and methodologies to produce creative content.|
|PLO2||Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and tools to design solutions with understanding of the limitations to meet specified needs.|
|PLO3||Demonstrate awareness and consideration for societal, safety and consequences responsibilities|
|PLO4||Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of multimedia practice.|
|PLO5||Communicate and function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical terms.|
|PLO6||Identify, formulate, research literature and solve problems using appropriate multimedia tools, skills and techniques.|
|PLO7||Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in indepenent and life long learning.|
|PLO8||Demonstrate and awareness and understanding of management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.|
|PLO9||Carry out supervised research in the related field by seeking and applying knowledge and information analytically.|
Throughout this semester students will be exposed to various terminologies and basic concepts related to Information Technology, multimedia, technopreneurship and communication skills. These skills are vital for a smooth transition to the following semester.
In this semester, students will acquire skills and knowledge related to graphic design which have a fundamental function in the field of creative multimedia. These skills will help students for more advanced studies in subsequent semesters.
This semester moves students to subjects related to design skills for publication and 2D animation.
In this semester, students are exposed to more advanced concepts, skills, and issues in the areas of creative multimedia. The subjects in this semester focus on polishing the skills in 3D animation, authoring and also audio and video editing. The students were also exposed to additional skills on database concept and web development.
In this semester, the students will be equipped with skills and knowledge to produce an integrated multimedia application. The subjects in this semester develop skills and capabilities in creative multimedia areas which support the project development in the final year.
In this semester, students are provided with more advanced skills specifically in managing projects in specialized areas.
The semester culminates in the Multimedia Development Project which integrates skills, knowledge and understanding from the full program.
In the final year, the students will finally complete their Final Year Project whereby they produce a Multimedia application according to industry standard which can later be commercialized.
A well-structured internship or industrial training programme in collaboration with industry is incorporated in the final semester. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance graduates employability. In many cases the same company at which they had internship/industrial training with will offer them employment as soon as they graduate. In all cases they will gain an invaluable insight into the creative multimedia industry and be better equipped to position themselves for the career they seek.
TOTAL CREDIT TO GRADUATE:120
We provide opportunities for the students to take Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification, an industry recognized credential that can be used to effectively validate one’s skills in Adobe digital media software. The ACA certification are in the following software:
- Adobe Photoshop CC or later
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC or later
- Adobe Flash CC or later
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC or later
- Adobe Illustrator CC or later
TV Al Hijrah
Research Invention Innovation and Design (RIID) 2012 organized by UiTM
Sang Wira Lekir Mobile Apps
Dayangku Nur Haslina Awangku Hidup
Arina Syafika Ahmad Shafiee
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Malaysian Institute of Information Technology
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-2175 4000 ext: 4146, 5407
Fax : +603-2175 4441
Website : www.miit.unikl.edu.my
Email : email@example.com
NOTE: Programme contents are subject to change. All information is correct at the time of publishing, the university reserves the right to change any information without prior notice and for more information please contact us.