This programme is designed to equip students with skills in animation. Digital Animation is widely applied in production of films, videos, advertising architectural visualization, and special effects and in the creation of educational material. Thus, graduates of this programme have a wide range of options in terms of industries to choose from to start off their careers. Students learn both theoretical and fundamentals of drawing and computer technology used in animation. The aesthetical and creative elemets of animation are covered through traditional animation techniques and computer technologies. Storyboarding skills, scripting for animation, timing, layout design are incorporated into the programme. Two major projects will test the students’ competence in animation skills and techniques.
JPT/BPP (R2/213/4/0180) 04/24, MQA A10176
- Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent with at least three (3) credits;
- Recognised Creative Multimedia Certificate or equivalent;
- Recognised related Technical and Vocational Certificate or equivalent with one (1) year relevant work experience or one (1) semester bridging programme.
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 and Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least one (1) credit.
- In addition to the requirements stated above for the Diploma levels, it would be beneficial for students to have a pass in Mathematics at SPM or equivalent for programmes in Animation And Visual Effects, Games Development, Media Innovation, Sound Design, Video and Film and Virtual Reality.
- The HEP may consider students through an internal assessment process such as an interview, an assessment of a portfolio or other tests to ensure effective learning and teaching.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
- Layout Designer
- Video Game Designers
- Images Editing Designers
- 3D Designers and Animators
- Video Directors
- Video Editors
- Video Producers
|NO||Programme Educational Outcomes (PEO)|
|1||To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in creative industries.|
|2||To produce graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in creative industries.|
|3||To produce graduates who are commited to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.|
|4||To produces graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.|
|5||To produce graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.|
|NO||Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)|
|1||Apply knowledge of animation by using procedures, processes and methodologies to produce creative content.|
|2||Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and tools to design solutions with understanding of the limitations to meet specified needs.|
|3||Demonstrate awareness and consideration for societal, safety and consequent responsibilities.|
|4||Demonstrate awareness and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of animation practice.|
|5||Communicate and function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.|
|6||Identify, formulate, research literature and solve problems using appropriate animation tools, skills and techniques.|
|7||Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.|
|8||Demonstrate awareness and understanding of management, business practice and technopreneurial activities.|
TOTAL CREDIT TO GRADUATE (TCG) : 92
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Malaysian Institute of Information Technology
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-2175 4000 ext: 4146, 5407
Fax : +603-2175 4441
Website : www.miit.unikl.edu.my
Email : email@example.com
NOTE: Programme contents are subject to change. All information is correct at the time of publishing, the university reserves the right to change any information without prior notice and for more information please contact us.