This programme is designed to prepare and equip students with the required technical knowledge and skills for employment in an IT and computer networking field.
The knowledge supplied in this program covers the academic and vocational aspects including Cisco Academy Certification and other profesional recognition as the added value to compete in the job market.
The program is focusing on the advancements in digital technologies to create a constant demand for skilled professionals and exciting digital careers.
JPT/BPP (R2/482/4/0065) 06/24, MQA A10179
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
- IT admin
- IT Technician
- Networking Technician
- Network Administrator
- Server Administrator
- Network Installer
- Assistant Network Engineer
- Network Support
- Web Developer
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with at least credits in three (3) subjects, including Mathematics and one (1) relevant science / technical / vocational subject AND a pass in English;
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with a pass in Mathematics, English and one (1) relevant science / technical/vocational subject at the SPM level;
- Recognised Certificate in Engineering / Engineering Technology or its equivalent;
- Recognised related Vocational and Technical / Skills Certificate or its equivalent with one (1) year of relevant work experience or a minimum of one (1) semester of a bridging programme.
- For International students, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 500 OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 OR its equivalent.
- If a student does not meet this requirement, HEPs must offer English proficiency courses to ensure that the student’s proficiency is sufficient to meet the needs of the programme. This is normally conducted through an assessment process.
- Diploma of Engineering Technology (Computer & Networking) (A 101079)
- Duration: 3 Years
|NO||Programme Educational Outcomes (PEO)|
|1||To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in the field Engineering Technology.|
|2||To produce graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their roles in industries.|
|3||To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.|
|4||To produces graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.|
|5||To produce graduates who are capable to participate in business and technopreneurial activities of the industries.|
|NO||Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)|
|1||Apply knowledge of applied mathematics, applied science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialisation in computer networking to wide practical procedures and practices.|
|2||Identify and analyze well-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to computer networking related.|
|3||Design solutions for well-defined computer networking technical problems and assist with the design of systems, components, or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.|
|4||Conduct investigations of well-defined computer networking problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements.|
|5||Apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools to well-defined computer networking problems, with an awareness of the limitations.|
|6||Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice and solutions to well-defined engineering problems.|
|7||Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of engineering technician work in the solution of well-defined engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts.|
|8||Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technician practice.|
|9||Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.|
|10||Communicate effectively on well-defined computer networking activities with the computer networking community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions. .|
|11||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of computer networking management principles, technopreneurial and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a technical team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.|
|12||Recognise the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent updating in the context of specialized technical knowledge.|
Total Credit Gained: 92
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Malaysian Institute of Information Technology
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-2175 4000 ext: 4146, 5407
Fax : +603-2175 4441
NOTE: Programme contents are subject to change. All information is correct at the time of publishing, the university reserves the right to change any information without prior notice and for more information please contact us.