Diploma in Information Technology (DIT)
- Programme Code
- Entry Requirement
- Programme Detail
- Credit Transfer
- Credit to Graduate
- Career Prospect
- Industry Collaboration
This programme is designed to provide a comprehensive, internationally recognised diploma programme in information technology that produces professionals with leadership skills who are knowledgeable and competent in information technology industries and technopreneurial activities.
JPT/BPP (R2/481/4/0489) 06/24, MQA A10178
- Pass in SPM with at least credit in any three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics or any equivalent qualification; OR
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM), with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject or any equivalent qualification and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul (pass) and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- Pass in SKM Level 3, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- Pass in any qualifications equivalent to Certificate (Level 3, MQF) and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- Candidates without a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted if the Certificate programme contains subjects in mathematics that are equivalent to mathematics at SPM level.
- Candidate with a credit in computing-related subject at SPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.
This programme offered in MIIT, Universiti Kuala Lumpur focused on the Information Technology(IT) disciplines of creating and maintaining the applications by applying the appropriate technology and best practices. With the proposed programme, it is targeted to produce professionals with solid and adequate knowledge of IT as a whole. In addition, the programme prepares students for work in globally operating companies, organisations, and governments. By building up human capital in terms of IT specialists and technopreneurs, we wish to contribute to the national development in Malaysia.
|NO||Programme Educational Outcomes (PEO)|
|1||To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in information technology-related industry.|
|2||To produce graduates who have effective leadership and teamwork skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in the industry.|
|3||To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.|
|4||To produce graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.|
|5||To produce graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.|
|NO||Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)|
|1||Demonstrate the ability to articulate and document work-flow and processes during project development|
|2||Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development|
|3||Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors and society at large|
|4||Demonstrate teamwork, interpersonal, entrepreneurial and social skills|
|5||Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical considerations in accordance with ethical and legal principles|
|6||Obtain, analyse and document user requirements for real-world projects|
|7||Develop appropriate IT solutions in relevant areas|
|8||Design and manage computer networks or information system|
|9||Provide technical support, configure, deploy and maintain computer solutions|
|10||Interpret information and system models for an organisation’s functional areas|
Total Credit to Graduate (TCG): 90
- Analyst Programmer
- Web Developer
- IT Officer
NOTE: Programme contents are subject to change. All information is correct at the time of publishing, the university reserves the right to change any information without prior notice and for more information please contact us.