Dahlan bin Abdul Ghani, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
HEAD OF SECTION/ ASSOC. PROF. DR. / ANIMATION
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dahlan Abdul Ghani is a Senior Lecturer in the Animation Section at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Information Technology. He received a PhD in Animation & Puppetry Studies from the University of Malaya (UM) in 2015 and has working experience with Sistem Television Malaysia (TV3) for 4 years at Creative Services Dept., before he joined UniKL in 2004. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dahlan has published a number of papers in journals ( ISI & Scopus) and conferences proceedings.
View my ORCID | ResearchGate | Scopus
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dahlan Abd Ghani is an established teacher and researcher in Multimedia & Animation. His research interests include Animation studies, Traditional Puppetry, Digital comics, Digital Graphic Design, 3D Animation, 3D Game Design, Advertising, Visual FX, Film Studies, Human Computer Interaction, Mobile Apps, & Virtual Reality . He actively participated in a number of UniKL Internal Research Grant & also MARA Short Term Research Grant (SGPIM) and received several research awards, including the University Malaya “Outstanding Research Award” in 2015, Silver Medal (Lecturers Category) National Innovation Competition (CITEC) in 2014. He is currently is on the editorial board of Journal of Computing & Creative Content (JTEC) and serves on many program committees.
- Animation Studies
- 3D Game Design
- Comic Studies
- Mobile Apps
- Dahlan Abdul Ghani (2014), The Scream & Starry Night : Emotions, Symbol & Motives” Vol. 20, 2014, No. 1 (January-June), section “Investigations y Documentos” (Researchers and Documents), on Estudios sobre el Mensaje periodístico (Universidad Complutense de Madrid), Indexed by ISI Thompson Reuters & SCOPUS Journal
- Dahlan Abd Ghani (2014), Wayang Fighters: Preserving The Art of Wayang Kulit Through Game Application, 8th ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communications, ACM-ICUMC (IMCOCM) Co-Host by UniKL & University Sung-Ku Kwan, Korea, Bali, Indonesia 8th – 10th Jan 2015 (ACM – SCOPUS Proceedings)
- Dahlan Abd Ghani, (2014), Preserving Wayang Kulit Kelantan Using Augmented Reality (AR), 5th International Conference of Science & Technology (ICSTIE 2014) Batu Feringgi , Penang 17th Sept, Conference ICSTIE Proceedings
- Dahlan Abd Ghani (2014), Hamzah Awang Amat (Master Puppeteer) & John Lasseter: Between Real and Unreal Worlds, New Media Design Journal (NMDJ), ISBN 978-967-131040-3, p.81-p.88, Published By USM
- Dahlan Abdul Ghani, (2015) , Upin & Ipin: Promoting Malaysian Culture Values through Animation, Historia y Comunicación Social, Universidad Complutense de Madrid,SPAIN , Vol 20, No 1 (2015),p.241-258, Indexed ISI Thompson Arts & Humanities & SCOPUS
- Dahlan Abdul Ghani (2016), Senor Wences: The Art of Animation Inside a Ventriloquist, International Journal of Humanities & Culture Studies, Vol.3 (Issue No.1), ISSN : 2356-5926 Indexed ISI Thompson Arts & Humanities