Eiad Yafi, Dr.
SENIOR LECTURER, COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Eiad Yafi is a Senior Lecturer at Malaysian Institute of Information Technology, Universiti Kuala Lumpur. He has received his PhD in Computer Science (Data Mining) from Jamia Hamdard University, India in 2011 and a Master in Computer Applications from the same university in 2004. His research interests are but not limited to Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Social Media, Human Computer Interactions and ICT4D.
View my ORCID | Scopus | Google Scholar
Dr. Eiad has been conducted empirical research trying to understand how ICT can foster the development of life skills and qualification of Syrian youth and children that drive them to become active citizens. He has worked closely with experts from different international organizations, including IDRC and Open Society Institute. He is also an expert in designing research instruments for Arab youth and is currently conducting research on the use of ICTs and information among Arab migrants in Europe, investigating their information behavior. In addition, he is currently a co-investigator of the information and technology work carried out at the UNHCR Za’atari Refugee Camp in Jordan. He is a program committee of SIGIDC tier-1 conference.
- Data Mining
- Artificial Intelligence
- Borkert, M., Fisher, K., E., Yafi, E. (Under review). The Best, TheWorst And Hardest To Find: How People, Mobiles, And Social Media Connect Migrants. In(to) Europe. Social Media + Society Journal, Special Issue “Forced migration and digital connectivity in(to) Europe”
- Eiad Yafi, Ahmed Sultan Al-Hegami M. A. Alam, R. Biswas (2012). YAMI: Incremental Mining of Interesting Association Patterns. International Arab Journal of Information Technology (IAJIT) Indexed ISI, Impact factor: (0.582), 2012.
- Marwan Adnan Darwish, Eiad Yafi, Habib Ur Rehman and Mohammad A. Al Ghamdi. A Blockchain-Based Hybrid Algorithm For Data Privacy At Cloud Storage. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 2019
- Agata Blachnio, Aneta Przepiorka,Mariusz Wolonciej, Ali B. Mahmoud, Eiad Yafi, Juraj Holdos.Loneliness, friendship and Facebook Intrusion. A study in Poland, Slovakia, Syria, Malaysia, and Ecuador. Studia Psychologica Journal Vol. 60, No. 3, 183-194, October 2018
- Rashid Zafar, Megat F. Zuhairi, Eiad Yafi, Hassan Dao and Hilmi Mohd Salleh. Mobile Crowd Sensing Application for Noise Monitoring in Kuala Lumpur. International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 7 (4.29), 2018 196-202}
- Certified IPv6 Engineer