Fuead B Ali is currently a Lecturer at Malaysian Institute of Information Technology, Universiti Kuala Lumpur, since year 2009. Prior to that, he was a Researcher in MIMOS Berhad since 1997. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University, USA.
Research interests include QoS in optical networks, Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud Computing and SDN/NFV.
- Development of a Linux-based Web Appliance, MIMOS Research Symposium, MIMOS Berhad, 2001.
- Preemption Mechanism in Optical Mesh Networks, University of Strathclyde Research Presentation Day, Glasgow, U.K., 2006.
- Preemption Strategy in Wavelength-routed Optical Networks, Fifth Workshop in GMPLS Networks, Girona, Spain, 2006.
- Preemption Mechanism in Survivable Optical Networks, MRG International Conference, Salford, U.K., 2006.
- Spare Capacity Modeling and its Application in Survivable IP-over-Optical Networks, European Modeling and Simulation Symposium, Barcelona, Spain, 2006.
- Quality of Service (QoS) in Optical Networks by Means of Preemption Mechanism, University of Strathclyde Research Presentation Day, Glasgow, U.K., 2007.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Differentiated Survivability in GMPLS-based IP-over-Optical Networks, IEEE ICC, Glasgow, U.K., 2007.
- Preemption Mechanisms for Service Differentiation in Meshed Wavelength-routed Optical Network, International IT & Society Conference, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, 2010.