Husna binti Osman, Dr.
HEAD OF SECTION/ SENIOR LECTURER, SYSTEM NETWORKING
Dr Husna Osman is a Senior Lecturer in the System and Networking Department at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Information Technology. She received a PhD in Computer Science from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK and worked as an Assistant Manager in the IT Department at Malaysian Technology Development Corporation (MTDC), before she joined Multimedia University as a lecturer in 2001 and then Universiti Kuala Lumpur in 2003. Dr. Husna Osman has published a number of papers in journals and conferences.
View my ORCID | Researchgate
Dr Husna Osman is an established teacher and researcher in computer science, specifically in infrastructureless networking. Her research interests include ad hoc wireless networking, network security, mobile computing, pervasive and ubiquitous computing and peer-to-peer (P2P) networking.
- Ad hoc wireless networking
- Network security
- Mobile computing
- Pervasive and ubiquitous computing
- P2P networking
- H. Osman, M. Abdullah and N. Ahmad. A Fully Distributed Reputation System for M-commerce via Ad Hoc Wireless Networking. In International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences (IJAAS), Vol(4), Issue(3), pages 31-40, IASE, 2017.
- H. Osman and H. Taylor. Identity Support in a Security and Trust Service for Ad Hoc M-commerce Trading Systems. in Proceedings of 2011 IEEE Workshops of International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (WAINA), pages 285-290. IEEE, 2011.
- H. Osman and H. Taylor, Managing Group Membership in Ad Hoc M-commerce Trading Systems. in Proceedings of 10th. Annual International Conference on New Technologies of Distributed Systems, pages 173-180. IEEE, 2010.
- H. Osman and H. Taylor. Towards a Reference Model for M-commerce over Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. in Proceedings of E-Activity and Leading Technologies (E-ALT) Conference, pages 223-232. IASK, 2008.