Juliana binti Jaafar, Dr.
SENIOR LECTURER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Dr. Juliana Jaafar is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Software Engineering at MIIT, UniKL, since July 2018. She is also currently a Technical member of Business Center UniKL MIIT and doing some business exploration and expansion for the university. She received a BSc in Computer Science and minor in Mathematics from University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA in 1999, and an MSc in Advanced Computer Science and IT Management from University of Manchester later in 2009.
Her Master’s dissertation explored and proposed a Collaborative (Groupware collaboration) Mind Map tool to facilitating Requirement Engineering process. She was recently awarded with a Ph.D. in Computing (Health Informatics) from University of Leeds, UK in January 2018. Her PHD research areas focused in Data Mining, Machine Learning and clinical prediction modelling.
She started her career in software development industry for more than 8 years and have moved up the career ladder as a Senior Software Engineer (Team Leader). She has profound background in Object Oriented Analysis/Design and Java development and its technologies, with experience in full life cycle of software development, and skilled in problem statements to well-documented designs. Along the way, she also acquired management skills and experiences which enable her to lead and mentor individuals.
After receiving her Master degree in 2009, she has moved to academic industry until now. She believes by incorporating her practical skills and experiences in the industry may help in delivering computing related courses especially in software development and project management more effectively.
As a young academic researcher, her interests include Data Mining, Machine Learning, Prediction Modelling, IOT, Requirement Engineering as well as Software Engineering in general.
- JAAFAR, J., ATWELL, E., JOHNSON, O., CLAMP, S. & AHMAD, W. A. W. Evaluation of Machine Learning Techniques in Predicting Acute Coronary Syndrome Outcome. Research and Development in Intelligent Systems XXX, 2013. Springer.
- JAAFAR, J., ATAN, M. & HAMID, N. Collaborative mind map tool to facilitate requirement elicitation. 3rd International Conference on Computing and Informatics, 2011. 214-219.
- Lab Manual – Computing Engineering I (Pusat Asasi UiTM)
- Lab Manual – Computing Engineering II (Pusat Asasi UiTM)
- Group of ISTQB Certified Tester – Certified Tester, Foundation Level