Lai Siew Yoon
LECTURER, STUDENT DEVELOPMENT
Madam Lai Siew Yoon is a Lecturer in the Student Development Department at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Information Technology. She received a Master of Modern Language Studies from the University of Malay and worked as a lecturer in Raja Melewar Teacher Training Institute in Seremban, before she joined Universiti Kuala Lumpur in 2006. Madam Lai Siew Yoon has published three Mandarin textbooks for Universiti Kuala Lumpur students.
View my ORCID | Scopus
Madam Lai Siew Yoon is an established teacher in Mandarin. Her research interests include teaching Mandarin as the second language, Chinese grammar, Semantics and morphology. She has presented several research papers in local and international conferences.
- Teaching Mandarin as a second language
- Mandarin textbook – Shenghuo Huayu, An Introductory Course to the Chinese Language. Singapore: Cengage Learning Asia Pte Ltd.
- Mandarin textbook – Speak Chinese, An Introductory Course to the Chinese Language. Petaling Jaya: Cengage Learning
- Mandarin textbook – Learn Mandarin 1. Petaling Jaya: Cengage Learning Asia Pte Ltd.
- Teacher Training Certificate