Mohd Nizam bin Husen, Ts. Dr.
DEPUTY DEAN, ACADEMIC & TECHNOLOGY
Ts. Dr. Mohd Nizam Husen is currently a Deputy Dean (Academic & Technology) and a Senior Lecturer in the Software Engineering Section at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Information Technology (UniKL MIIT). He received his Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea. Prior to that, he received his B.Sc. degree in Computing from University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom, in 1997 and the M.Sc. degree in Information Technology from Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia, in 2007.
View my ORCID | Scopus | Researchgate
Ts. Dr. Mohd Nizam Husen is an experienced researcher in computer science/computer engineering field. His research interests include intelligent systems, indoor localization, pattern recognition, artificial intelligence, and visual attention. He is the author of more than 20 research articles in various high impact journals and international conferences. He is a certified Professional Technologist (Ts.) from Malaysia Board of Technologist (MBOT) and also a panel of MBOT. He is also actively involved as a Reviewer of renown ISI and Scopus journals such as the IEEE Communications Letters, Springer Mobile Networks and Applications, Journal of Pattern Recognition Research, Journal of Location Based Services and International Journal of Business Intelligence and Data Mining.
- Intelligent systems
- Indoor localization
- Pattern recognition
- Sensor-based detection and prediction
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Mohd Nizam Husen, Roslan Ismail and Robiah Hamzah. Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring with Multi-Sensors. Proceedings of International Conference on Information and Communication Technology (ICICTM) 2018. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 3 – 4 May 2018.
- Robiah Hamzah, Muhammad Ridhuan Md Hassan, Roslan Ismail and Mohd Nizam Husen. Prototyping of Mobile Application and Web Monitoring for Small Vessel Tracking System. Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (ACM IMCOM) 2018. Langkawi, Malaysia. 5 – 7 January 2018.
- Md. Nazmus Saadat and Mohd Nizam Husen. An Application Framework for Forest Fire and Haze Detection with Data Acquisition using Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (ACM IMCOM) 2018. Langkawi, Malaysia. 5 – 7 January 2018.
- Mohd Nizam Husen and Sukhan Lee. Indoor Location Sensing with Invariant Wi-Fi Received Signal Strength Fingerprinting. Sensors, Volume 16, Issue 11 (2016), ISSN 1424-8220, 1898. Impact Factor: 2.677
- Mohd Nizam Husen and Sukhan Lee. High Performance Indoor Location Wi-Fi Fingerprinting using Invariant Received Signal Strength. Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (ACM IMCOM) 2016. Danang, Vietnam. 4 – 6 January 2016.
- Mohd Nizam Husen, Sukhan Lee and Muhammad Qasim Khan. Syntactic Pattern Recognition of Car Driving Behavior Detection. Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (ACM IMCOM) 2017. Beppu, Japan. 4 – 6 January 2017
- Sukhan Lee and Mohd Nizam Husen. Recalibration-Free Indoor Localization with Wi-Fi Fingerprinting of Invariant Received Signal Strength. Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IEEE/RSJ IROS) 2016. Daejeon, South Korea. 10 – 14 October 2016.