Nurashikin binti Saaludin
SENIOR LECTURER, TECHNICAL FOUNDATION
Nurashikin is a Senior Lecturer in the Technical Foundation Section at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Information Technology. She received a Master and Bachelor degree in Statistics at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. She is actively involved in research related to Fuzzy Logic-Analytic Hierarchy Process and Mathematical Modelling. She has published several papers in journals and international conferences. She was a Tutor at UiTM Arau and lecturer at Kolej Unikop before join UniKL MIIT on June 2005
View my ORCID | Researchgate | Scopus
Nurashikin is an established lecturer teaching subjects related to Mathematics and Statistics for Diploma and Degree level. She actively does research paper, writing books and newspaper article. Her research interests include Fuzzy Logic-Analytic Hierarchy Process and Mathematical Modelling. She has participated in a few projects under UniKL Short Term Research Grant (STRG) and MARA Research and Innovation Scheme Grant (SGPIM).
- Social Sciences
- Statistics/ Mathematics
Book/ Journal Published and Conference Proceeding:
- A Multi-Criteria Decision Making for Non-academic Staff Promotion in Higher Education by Using Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP). Sindh University Research Journal-SURJ (Science Series) 48, no. 4D (2016).
- 2 point block backward difference method for solving Riccati type differential problems. AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1775, No. 1, p. 030005). AIP Publishing (2016)
- Academic staff promotion in higher education by using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). Vol. 1782, no. 1, p. 040015. AIP Publishing, 2016.
- Technical Mathematics Semester 1 Workbook: Published by Pearson Custom Publishing Malaysia. ISBN: 978-967-349-266-4.
- Technical Mathematics Semester 2 Workbook: Published on July 2012 by Pearson Custom Publishing Malaysia. ISBN: 978-967-349-225-1.
- Technical Mathematics 1 Workbook Second edition: Published by Pearson Custom Publishing Malaysia.ISBN: 978-967-349-150-6.
- Technical Mathematics 2 Workbook: Published by Pearson Custom Publishing Malaysia. ISBN: 13-978-967-349-114-8.
- Technical Mathematics 1 Workbook: Published by Pearson Custom Publishing Malaysia. ISBN: 13-978-967-3-49081-3.
- A Study of Contributing Factors in Learning Korean as a Foreign Language among Universiti Kuala Lumpur Students. 9th Malaysia International Conference on Languages, Literatures and Cultures, 16 – 18 August 2016, Penang.
- Comparison of ordinary least square and mixed-effect regression models for estimation of tree diameter increment: A case study for dipterocarpacea in Siem Reap, Cambodia. 10th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (IMCOM/ICUIMC) 2015, 8 – 10 January 2015 Bali, Indonesia.
- Modeling Individual Tree Diameter Increment for Dipterocarpaceae and Non-Dipterocarpaceae in Tropical Rain Forest. 9th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (IMCOM/ICUIMC) 2014, 9 – 11 January 2014 Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Technical Lecturer’s Perception on Student Evaluation: Poster Presentation in the 7th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (IMCOM/ICUIMC) 2013, January 17 – 19 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia), ACM 978-1-4503-1958-4.
- Lecturers’ Perception on Student Evaluation at Universiti Kuala Lumpur: Presented at Enhancing Learning: Teaching and Learning Conference 2011, Curtin University Sarawak.
- Traditional Students’ Evaluation Vs On-line Survey: Presented at National ICT Conference 2009, Sultan Idris Teaching University, Malaysia, 3 – 4 February 2009.
- A Study on Students’ Performance in Mathematics Courses: Presented at Teaching & Learning Seminar 2008: University of Kuala Lumpur, MFI.
Newspaper article writing
- Gateway to Korean Universities, The Star- Education Guide, 5 March 2015
- A Korean Experience, The Star- Education Guide, 12 November 2015
- UniKL hantar pelajar ke Korea, Utusan Malaysia- Gerbang Akademik Pilihan Masa Depan Anda, 6 February 2016.
- Studies in Korea, The Star-Education Guide, 1 March 2016
- 吉隆坡大学与韩国大学携手培育技术专 (Kuala Lumpur University and Korean universities work together to nurture technical expertise)-translated from Mandarin version, Nanyang Siang Pou, 8 March 2016
- UniKL MIIT is the best institute sending students to study in Korea (translated from Mandarin), China Press, 8 May 2017
- Pursuing higher studies in South Korea, The Star-Education Guide, 16 March 2017
- A Korean Education, The Sun-Education Focus, 14 March 2017
- Dream of studying in South Korea?, Borneo Post, 12 March 2017