Samratul Janin binti Sidal
DEPUTY DEAN/ LECTURER, FOUNDATION CENTRE
Janine is an English & Communication Lecturer of the Student Development Section of Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Information Technology ( UniKL MIIT ). Having more than twenty-years experience in the education sector, Janine is a TESL graduate from University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur and she has served in various organisations prior to UniKL.
Janine has had her secondary education at Tunku Kurshiah College, an elite all-girls secondary school and proceeded to do her TESL ( Teaching of English as a Second Language ) Programme at Universiti of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. With a twenty-years’ experience in the education sector, some of the organisations that Janine has served would be SMP Raja Zarina, Port Klang; SM Undang Jelebu, Kuala Klawang; Akademi/ Institute Infotech MARA and Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Information Technology ( UniKL MIIT ) as she is currently attached to.
Being the Head of Section for the International Partnership Unit of UniKL MIIT, she has helped coordinated, organised and involved in various international activities for the campus since 2008. Some of the activities are Staff/ Lecturers/ Students Exchange, conferences, joint-projects supervision, cultural activities, Summer/ Winter programmes and many more. Janine herself has participated in a Lecturers Exchange Programme at S. Seifullin Kazakh Agro Technical University, Kazakhstan back in 2012.
Some of the Universities which have benefited from ESL: Edu-Tourism Programme include International IT University, Kazakhstan; Hanyang University, Semyung University, Dongyang Mirae University, Korea Lift College and Suwon Hi-Tech High School, South Korea.
Janine’s areas of interest include English and Communication. Subjects taught include Communication English 1 & 2, Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Intercultural Communication, Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi/ Bahasa Kebangsaan B ( for International students ), Story Structure, Writing for Media, Effective Presentation Strategies and many more. She has also helped to develop modules for various short courses such as ESL: Edu-Tourism Programme, English for Business & Tourism, Business Communication and many more.
Areas of Interest
- Effective Communication ( Facilitator/ Trainer )
- Presentation Skills ( Facilitator/ Trainer )
- Motivational Programme ( Facilitator/ Trainer )
- Job Interview & Resume Writing ( Facilitator/ Trainer )
- ( 2002 ) PMR Essays and More by Cordelia Mason, Elly Addnan & Janine Sidal Shah Alam: Cerdik Publications
- Article contributor for The Star and Utusan Malaysia
Other skills and Expertise
- International Collaboration
- Events and Management ( Protocol, Etiquettes, Script Writing, Speeches )
- Professional Emcee/ Master of Ceremony
- Motivational/ Programme Facilitator
- Flair in creative writing ( regular contributor to daily newspapers )