Shahrinaz binti Ismail, Dr.
SENIOR LECTURER, INFORMATION SYSTEM
Joined UniKL in 2011, with 9 years industry experience from 1999 to 2008, and 4 years academic experience in a private university from 2008 to 2011. Active in research as well as institutional development, especially in students' projects and activities. Additional experience include coaching students for competitions and training working adults.
Shahrinaz Ismail (Dr.) is a Senior Lecturer in Information Systems Section, with experience in IT firm under Davis Langdon & Seah International (construction industry) for 8.5 years, and 3.7 years of full-time education experience in UCSI University followed by more than 5 years of full-time education experience with administrative post in Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL). Before embarking into full-time lecturing, Shahrinaz had a few part-time experiences of tutoring as well as being the corporate trainer in the first firm for 5 years.
Shahrinaz completed her PhD in 2014, in which she did at part-time basis since 2010, working on Artificial Intelligence in Knowledge Management domain. She is very active in research and writing papers for publication, which results in a total of 20 SCOPUS indexed and 4 ISI-indexed research papers published from 2010 to 2015 alone. The total number of her research papers from 2009 to present is 56.
- Application of Agents of Things (AoT) in Gerontology
- Applications of agent-mediated personal knowledge management – in self-regulation learning, social messaging, project management, learning analytics, decision making, management processes
- “3D” Modelling in agent environment
- Granularity of personal intelligence and social intelligence in agent environment
- Knowledge management with big data, data analytics and business analytics
- Ismail, S., and Ismail, S. (2017) “Agent-mediated Academic Advising System: Nodal Approach on Knowledge Management System towards achieving Students’ Graduate-on-Time”, in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (IMCOM ‘17), January 5-7, 2017, Beppu, Japan. DOI: 10.1145/3022227.3022328
- Ismail, S., Shaikh Ali, S.H., and Abu Bakar, M.H. (2017) “The Knowledge Needed for Self-Regulated Learning: Applying the Concept of Cognitive Enablers in Personal Knowledge Management”, in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Computing and Informatics (ICOCI 2017), April 25-27, 2017, Sepang, Malaysia, pp. 560-566. eISBN 978-967-0910-33-8.
- Ismail, S., and Saad, A. (2016) “Detect-Determine-Direct (3D) Model in Agent-mediated Continual Quality Improvement for Academic Review”, Advanced Science Letters, American Scientific Publishers, Vol. 22, No. 11, November 2016, pp. 3007-3010. DOI: 10.1166/asl.2016.7120
- Ismail, S., Shaikh Ali, S.H., and Abu Bakar, M.H. (2016) “Agent-mediated Self-regulated Learning: A Conceptual Model based on Knowledge Management at Agent Level”, in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Agents, Multi-Agent Systems, and Robotics (ISAMSR 2016), August 23-24, 2016, Bangi-Putrajaya, Malaysia. ISBN 978-1-5090-5148-9.
- Ismail, S., and Ahmad, M.S. (2015) “Deploying the Concept of Agent-mediated Knowledge Management in Mobile Apps for Collective Decision Making”, in Proceeding of the International Symposium on Agents, Multi-Agent Systems, and Robotics (ISAMSR 2015), August 18-19, 2015, Putrajaya, Malaysia, pp.6-11. ISBN 978-1-5090-5148-9. DOI: 10.1109/ISAMSR.2015.7379122.
- Ismail, S., Othman, A. and Ahmad, M.S. (2014) “Knowledge Management in Learning Environment: A Case Study of Students’ Coursework Coordination”, in Proceedings of the Knowledge Management International Conference (KMICe) 2014, August 12-15, 2014, Langkawi, Malaysia, pp.766-772. ISBN: 978-983-2078-92-0. e-ISBN: 978-983-2078-93-7
- Ismail, S. and Ahmad, M.S. (2014) “Knowledge Collaborator Agent in Expert Locator System: Multi-Agent Simulation in the Validation of GUSC Model”, Journal of Network and Innovative Computing, Volume 2, Dynamic Publishers, Inc.: USA, pp. 71-80, ISSN 2160-2174. Available at: http://www.mirlabs.net/jnic/secured/Volume2-Issue1/Paper8/JNIC_Paper8.pdf.
- Ismail, S., Ahmad, M.S. and Hassan, Z. (2014) “Granularity of Personal Intelligence in Social Networks”, in W. Pedrycz, and S.M. Chen (Eds.), Social Networks: A Framework of Computational Intelligence, Studies in Computational Intelligence 526, Springer International Publishing: Switzerland, pp. 201-224. ISBN: 978-3-319-02992-4, ISSN: 1860-949X. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-02993-1_10.
- Ismail, S., Ahmad, M.S. and Hassan, Z. (2013) “Emerging Personal Intelligence in Collective Goals: Data Analysis on the Bottom-Up Approach from PKM to OKM”, Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol.17, Issue 6, pp. 973-990. DOI: 10.1108/JKM-08-2013-0313.