Siti Haryani binti Shaikh Ali, Dr.
SENIOR LECTURER, INFORMATICS & ANALYTICS
Dr. Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali joined Universiti Kuala Lumpur in 2004 and had since upheld several posts including Programme Coordinator for Bachelor of Business Technology (Hons) in Computer Entrepreneurship Management (2006-2007). Her current post is the E-Learning Coordinator for UniKL MIIT since 2012.
She obtained her first Bachelor’s degree in Computing (1998) from Leeds Metropolitan University, UK. Four years after, she pursued her Master’s Degree and obtained her Master of Management (Information Technology) from Graduate School of Management, UPM. She received her PhD in Educational Technology from UPM in 2015 and she is currently a Senior Lecturer in the Information System Department at UniKL MIIT.
View my Scopus | ORCID
Due to her diverse academic background, Dr Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali’s teaching and research interests lie in education, business and IT fields. She has taught business subjects such as Economics for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Management Information Systems and Knowledge Management; and also IT subjects including Digital Animation, Database Systems and Object-Oriented Systems Analysis and Design. Her main research interests include e-learning, educational technology and business intelligence.
- Educational Technology
- Business Intelligence
- Shahrinaz Ismail, Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali, Mohamad Hasbullah Abu Bakar (2017). The Knowledge Needed for Self-Regulated Learning: Applying the Concept of Cognitive Enablers in Personal Knowledge Management. Proceedings in International Conference on Computing and Informatics (ICOCI2017).
- Shahrinaz Ismail, Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali, Mohamad Hasbullah Abu Bakar (2016). Agent-Mediated Self-Regulated Learning: A Conceptual Model Based on Knowledge Management at Agent Level. Proceedings in 2nd International Symposium in Agents, Multi-Agent Systems and Robotics (ISAMSR2016).
- Shamsul Anuar Mokhtar, Abdulkarem Al-Sharafi , Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali and Abdualeem Alothmani (2016). Identifying the Determinants of Cloud Computing Adoption in Higher Education Institutions. Proceedings in International Conference on Information and Communication Technology 2016.
- Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali, Siti Haryati Shaikh Ali (2014), Unleashing the Effect of Muslim On-line Shopping. (pp636-648). 5th Global Islamic Marketing Conference (GIMAC’14).
- Abdul Kareem Al-Sharafi, Shamsul Anuar Mokhtar, Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali (2013) Organizational Issues for Adoption Cloud Computing in E-Learning. 2nd International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications & Technologies ACSAT2013.
- Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali, Wan Zah Wan Ali, Ahmad Fauzi Ayub, Rusli Abdullah (2013) Usability Evaluation of Collaboration Technology. Seminar Penyelidikan Pendidikan & Pembangunan Sumber Manusia. UPM.
- Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali, Wan Zah Wan Ali, Rusli Abdullah, Ahmad Fauzi Ayub, Nurul Sharaz Azmanuddin (2011). Development and Evaluation of CSCL Platform. In R. Gao (Ed.)2011 International Conference on Computer Control and Automation. (pp 619-623).Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Press.
- Nurul Sharaz Azmanuddin, Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali (2011). Software Application Frameworks For Reuse And Component Based Development Focused On JAVA EE Platform: A Guide For Novice Programmer. In R. Gao (Ed.)2011 International Conference on Computer Control and Automation. (pp 545-549).Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Press.
- Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali, Wan Zah Wan Ali, Rusli Abdullah, Ahmad Fauzi Ayub, Nurul Sharaz Azmanuddin (2011). Collaboration Technology For Distance Learners: A Needs Analysis. In Yeo, A., Shiang, C.W., Labadin, J. and Zen, K. (Eds.)The 7th International Conference on Information technology in Asia 2011: Emerging Convergences and Singularity of Forms. (pp 218-222).Universiti Malaysia Sarawak.
- Siti Haryani Shaikh Ali , Wan Zah Wan Ali, Ahmad Fauzi Mohd Ayub and Rusli Abdullah. (2008). Collaboration Technology in a CSCL and Mobile CSCL environment: Its effects on Distance Learner’s Learning Productivity. 13th International Conference on Education. Evolving Pedagogies : Meeting the Global Challenges of Diversity and Interdependence. 20 – 23 May.
- Microsoft Certified Trainer in Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio.NET.